Sunday, March 11, 2007

Too Soon?

Well, I got to thinking that it might be easier to patch CWiid to work with pdaXrom than to replace the entire system. Lo and behold, the latest micro version of CWiid actually compiles cleanly against the old Glibc, so there's not really a problem.

This basically means I'm less motivated to build my own system from scratch. However, this doesn't mean I'm not going to do it. It just means I'm shifting gears somewhat. Specifically:

- I have an iBook on the way, so I'm going to wait for that and use it as my sandbox. This will be infinitely more comfortable than using the Zaurus.

- I might work a little more slowly. But hey, this is my hobby, there's no resisting.

On the positive side, this means I'll be focusing my embedded efforts on the existing pdaXrom again. This benefits more people on the whole. So for the 0 people reading this blog, don't worry about it.

2 comments:

radiochickenwax said...

Well, let's move that zero in the number of readers to a one?

Lex said...

Two now, but I think that I am too late. I would like to get Gentoo working on my Tosa (SL-6000L), but I think that I have waited too long now.